POWR Baltic Stories Exchange – a pitch forum for scriptwriters
November 20th – 23rd 2016, Tallinn, Estonia
POWR selection 2016:
- For Anna by Toke Westmark Steensen, Denmark
- Good-Bye Soviet Union by Lauri Randla, Estonia
- A Gift from the Moon by Ramin Pourmand, Estonia
- Children of Strauss by Carita Forsgren, Finland
- Scenes from a Dying Town by Kaisa El Ramly, Finland
- Deleted Scenes by Paula Korva, Finland
- The Hood by Andrius Lekavicius, Lithuania
- Audnvin by Inger Dietrichs, Norway
Download the project synopses here.
POWR is looking to select 8 feature film projects in the early stages of development that are actively seeking producers. Upon selection they will be developed and presented at the POWR Baltic Stories Exchange, which takes place during the Baltic Event Co-production Market.
POWR Workshop is aimed at giving mainly Nordic and Baltic scriptwriters an informal and international forum to present their projects and their writing talent during the largest regional film market in North-Eastern Europe. This year we invite the country of focus @Baltic Event 2016, Luxembourg, to apply to POWR as well!
We develop the 8 projects through group sessions and pitch preparation at our 2-day workshop in an open, generous, and sharing atmosphere, headed by the 2 tutors, Valeria Richter (Denmark) and Gino Ventriglia (Italy). The pitch will be approx. 5 minutes per project followed by a round table session where you will meet selected producers and other film industry representatives, who will give their feedback and advice. POWR is an intensive and fun experience, mixing project work and networking events.
The workshop is organised by Baltic Event in collaboration with the region’s Creative Europe MEDIA Desks and TorinoFilmLab.