POWR Baltic Stories Exchange
A pitch forum for scriptwriters
November 15 – 18, 2015, Tallinn, Estonia
POWR Workshop is aimed at giving Nordic and Baltic scriptwriters an informal and international forum to present their projects and their writing talent during the largest regional film market in North-Eastern Europe.
We develop the 8 projects through group sessions and pitch preparation at our 2-day workshop in an open, generous, and sharing atmosphere, headed by the 2 tutors, Valeria Richter (DK) and Antonio Piazza (IT). The pitch will be approx. 5 minutes per project followed by a round table session where the projects will meet selected producers and other film industry representatives, who will give their feedback and advice. POWR is an intensive and fun experience, mixing project work and networking events.
The workshop is organized in collaboration with Baltic Event, TorinoFilmLab, and the Baltic and Scandinavian Creative Europe MEDIA Desks.
POWR Baltic Stories Exchange Lineup 2015:
- Christofer Bocker “Autumn in Dubai” – Sweden
- Jørn Kurt Bergo “Nevada” – Norway
- Kaisa Roover “The Most Beautiful Girl” – Estonia
- Karolis Kaupinis “Corcovado Boreallis” – Lithuania
- Lauri Lippmaa “Duty” – Estonia
- Nina Linnovaara – “Shiksa” – Finland
- Paco Enlaluna “To Die on Mars” – Lithuania
- Petra Forstén “Home Truths” – Finland
Every year, POWR brings together 8 feature film projects in the early stages of development that are actively seeking producers. Upon selection they will be developed and presented at the POWR Baltic Stories Exchange, which takes place during the Baltic Event Co-Production Market.
– full-length feature film with potential for theatrical distribution
– potential for the international market
– projects from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and
Norway are accepted
– No fee – only travel costs
The applications must contain:
– short synopsis (3-5 pages)
– short CV (3 pages)
– short motivation for participation (1 page)
In case your project is selected we will request a long synopsis, treatment or draft immediately, and your bio/photo/short synopsis for the project catalogue.
The deadlines for 2016 will be announced in June 2016.
Creative Europe MEDIA Denmark (Ene Katrine Rasmussen) firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Europe MEDIA Estonia (Katre Kajamäe) email@example.com
Creative Europe MEDIA Finland (Kerstin Degerman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Europe MEDIA Latvia (Lelda Ozola) lelda.Ozola@nfc.gov.lv
Creative Europe MEDIA Lithuania (Eva Brazdžionytė) email@example.com
Creative Europe MEDIA Norway (Kåre Jensen) firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Europe MEDIA Sweden (Ulrika Nisell) email@example.com